[MPlayer-users] MPlayer in a commercial setting

Attila Kinali kinali at gmx.net
Sat Mar 9 18:25:01 CET 2002

On Wed, 6 Mar 2002 08:50:30 -0800 (PST)
Happy Camper <happy_programmer at yahoo.com> wrote:

> MPlayer is a kickass product.  Can a commercial entity include it in their
> product without compiling it?  And have it compile when the user first
> turns
> on the system?  Ofcourse the said commercial entity gives all due credit
> Mplayer authors for their work and does not claim ownership of the code.
> In
> other words fully complies with the GPL requirements and the wishes of the
> MPlayer authors.  What are the pieces that have questionable licenses that
> is
> keeping the rest of MPlayer from going all GPL?

As nobody else did reply, let me answer it.
As long you dont claim any credits of other ppl for yourself
or break GPL there is no problem with it.

<personal opinion>
But: You earn money with mplayer and IMHO you should
give something back like money, hardware, code (there are lots
of things to be done that are not fun).
</personal opinion>

		Attila Kinali

--