[MPlayer-users] Cropping

Chris Phillips chris at cakenet.dynu.com
Sat Mar 30 15:00:02 CET 2002

> Anybody noticed, that mencoder is already capable of cropping movies?
> -x0 -y0 -xsize and -ysize switches.  Now I can encode 21:9 movies into
> 16:9 without having to use mjpeg-utils :-).
>
> Unfortunately mplayer isn't capable of real-time cropping (yet?).

I'd guess it's not really finished yet, it ketp segfaulting on me. it did
specifcally say that the size must be LESS than the original. can this not
be changed so as to automatically add widescreen bands? If i want to
convert it to vcd or such it'd need to be a certain aspect, so i'd want to
add bands to make it 4:3 or whatever.

chris