[MPlayer-users] Skin not found.

Martin Wulffeld mwulffeld at mail.dk
Wed May 1 11:13:01 CEST 2002

On Tue, 2002-04-30 at 20:37, Kjetil Tjensvold wrote:
> I finally manage to play an .asf video ,but not .mov
> and whitout sound. However I can't get the GUI to
> work, although I compiled --enable-gui.
> I get the error message Skin not found. Is that a file
> I must download or what is it?

RTFM is short for Read The Fucking Manual.

Section 1.4:

As MPlayer doesn't have a skin included, you have to download them if
you want to use the GUI. See the download page. They should be extracted
to the usual system-wide directory (/usr/local/share/mplayer/Skin), or
to $HOME/.mplayer/Skin . MPlayer by default looks in these directories
for a default named directory, but you can use the -skin newskin option,
or the skin=newskin config file directive to use the skin in
*/Skin/newskin directory.

--
 Martin Wulffeld