[MPlayer-users] Skin not found.

Pierric Descamps pierric at descamps.net
Wed May 1 12:37:02 CEST 2002

> > I get the error message Skin not found.

> As MPlayer doesn't have a skin included, you have to download them if
> you want to use the GUI. See the download page. They should be extracted
> to the usual system-wide directory (/usr/local/share/mplayer/Skin), or
> to $HOME/.mplayer/Skin . MPlayer by default looks in these directories
> for a default named directory, but you can use the -skin newskin option,
> or the skin=newskin config file directive to use the skin in
> */Skin/newskin directory.

Actually, I get the same message as him, since I compiled a newer CVS version. I
reinstalled "default" and "plastic" in my ~/.mplayer/Skin/ directory. But when I
start mplayer with "-gui", no gui comes, just the standard mplayer. And with
"-gui -skin plastic" I get Error: 'skin' is not a mplayer/mencoder option
command line: -skin

I find it quite strange. I'm using the CVS snapshot of 2002/04/28 on a slackware
8.0 with glib/gtk 1.2.10, and CVS from 2002/03/28 used to work.

Pierric.

Pierric DESCAMPS                      ("`-''-/").___..--''"`-._
E-Mail    :   pierric at descamps.net     `6_ 6  )   `-.  (     ).`-.__.`)
Web-Site  :   http://descamps.net      (_Y_.)'  ._   )  `._ `. ``-..-'
Jabber-ID :   pierric at tipic.com      _..`--'_..-_/  /--'_.' ,'