[MPlayer-users] problem with a divx 5.0.1 pro encoded with seeking and framedropping

Rik Snel rsnel at cube.dyndns.org
Thu May 2 21:26:01 CEST 2002

Hello,

The file is skipswrongframesinhurryup.avi in incoming.

If I play this file with -framedrop, the image becomes distorted as if P
frames are being skipped. The results don't seem to depend on the vo driver.
Seeking doesn't seek to a keyframe. (older mplayer eg. 020427 works fine)

Below are te notes of the encoder.

Please let me know if you can't reproduce.

Rik.

[poonrips] info

apps used
---------
ripper:		ClanDVDXP
encoder:	DVD2AVI
sound:		VirtualDub

other info
----------
image size:	576x432, ~350 MB
video encoding:	DivX 5.0.1 pro, 2 pass
audio encoding:	mp3/128 stereo
time to rip:	10 mins ripping, 1 hr encoding 1st pass,
		40 mins encoding 2nd pass, 10 mins dubbing
		on an athlon xp 1800+

NOTE! This video REQUIRES DivX 5.0.1 or newer codec to play properly.
Without it, you will possibly have video problems.

-poon

* thanks to tresuri and fred for all of their contributions and work