[MPlayer-users] problem with a divx 5.0.1 pro encoded with seeking and framedropping

Daniel Moreno comac2k at teleline.es
Thu May 2 21:44:01 CEST 2002

Rik Snel wrote:

> If I play this file with -framedrop, the image becomes distorted as if P
> frames are being skipped. The results don't seem to depend on the vo driver.
> Seeking doesn't seek to a keyframe. (older mplayer eg. 020427 works fine)

What "-vc" do you use? I had the same problem when I encoded a video
with libavcodec using B frames and played it back with divx5 decore
library. (playing it with libavcodec works fine) Don't know if it could
be related.

--
Daniel Moreno - ComaC
Port pa'Linux del FinalBurn: http://fblinux.emuunlim.com/