[MPlayer-users] Patches for changing indentation accepted?

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Sun May 5 14:18:02 CEST 2002

Hi,

such mails should go to dev-eng!

> 	It is said in DOCS/tech/patches.txt that patches that change
> 	indentation would not be acceptable, BUT are there exceptions
> 	for important cases (like for the file above, which, I'm sure
> 	other people will agree, is quite hard to maintain)?

no
the only case when it's acce[ted, is when the maintainer/author of a code
part changed indent in his own file.

> 	1 - how is the development model of mplayer? Since the project
> 	    is in a pre-release phase, is it currently in a feature
> 	    freeze? When will further changes be accepted?
trivial features and bugfixes accepted
big changes aren't before the release

> 	2 - are there any coding standards to follow? Are there plans
> 	    have one, to increase the maintainability and modularity
> 	    of the project as it grows?
patches.txt and cvs-howto.txt defines tehse rules

yes, at ftp.mplayerhq.gy samples/

> 	I'm asking all this because I already submited one patch for
> 	corrections of endianness problems in a PowerPC processor and
> 	I would like to contribute further if it is wanted.

please avoid indent changes.
they were never welcomed and were never accepted...

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team