[MPlayer-users] Difficulties and quality problem with Windows Media

Tony Houghton tony at realh.co.uk
Sun May 5 18:05:02 CEST 2002

In <200205051541.g45Ff8CJ006816 at mail.mplayerhq.hu>, Arpi wrote:

> Hi,

> > In <200205051222.09757.atmosfear at users.sourceforge.net>, Felix Buenemann wro
> > te:

> > > did you enable postprocessing?
> >
> > I don't think that will work in this case becaause it's a Win32 codec.
>
> why? win32 pp is also supported, do -autoq 100 or -pp 4

Is the man page out of date? :

       -pp <quality> (see -npp option too!)
              Apply postprocess filter on decoded image

              Postprocessing  effect  depends  on  the  codec and
              works only for MPEG1/2, libavcodec codecs (ff*). It
              doesn't work for Win32/XAnim codecs.

Neither of those options seem to help. Xine and mplayer both barely
register on my CPU load meter with this clip BTW.

--
TH * http://www.realh.co.uk