[MPlayer-users] Difficulties and quality problem with Windows Media

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Sun May 5 18:17:02 CEST 2002

Hi,

> Is the man page out of date? :
yes it seems

>        -pp <quality> (see -npp option too!)
>               Apply postprocess filter on decoded image
>
>               Postprocessing  effect  depends  on  the  codec and
>               works only for MPEG1/2, libavcodec codecs (ff*). It
>               doesn't work for Win32/XAnim codecs.

this is wrong
-pp <value> is sent to the codec, unless you also specify -vop pp _or_ the
codec doesn't have built-in pp functionality. so it works wiht m$ mpeg4
dshow dlls too, from mp42 to wmv8

> Neither of those options seem to help. Xine and mplayer both barely
> register on my CPU load meter with this clip BTW.

just tried the file you uploaded, seems to be asf demuxer bug
i have no working xine, but it also plays much better with avifile
with mplayer some image corruptions is visible - probably some bad chunks :(
i'll look at it...

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team