[MPlayer-users] P L E A S E ! ! !

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Thu May 9 04:11:02 CEST 2002

> On Wed, 08 May 2002, Frederick Grim wrote:
> > No no,  why create another list for people who bothered to read the docs
> > to monitor.  I want to answer questions if I can.  If somebody has a
>
> What harm could a newbie list cause?

hmm. let's see.
new user comes, sees there is newbie list, subscribes, post his silly
question, sits down, waits, waits, waits, leave.
why? hmm. let's see. who will answer his question? you? the developers?
other advanced users? nobody. never.
so it has no sense, but will redirect new users to alias of /dev/null
with their questions - anyway it's basically good ;)
(assuming they will meet at that deep /dev/null and together find out what
does RTFM mean :))

(more over, they will find many doc patches Gabu forwarded to /dev/null :))

anyway about the RTFM, yes, the html doc is a bit outdated.
but the manpage isn't, thanks to Rémi Guyomarch, Jonas Jermann and me, it's
really uptodate and reorganized now (in CVS).

about the html version - it's a hard question...
Gabu dislike doc patches while he is too busy to do updating himself.
please tell us if you find something outdated in docs, patches are even
better, someone else will apply them. i know it's not uptodate, and
periodically re-read it myself, but i'm busy with code now close to the
release, has no time to read and fix teh docs too.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team