[MPlayer-users] P L E A S E ! ! !

jasonrc at gomdoli.com jasonrc at gomdoli.com
Thu May 9 04:18:02 CEST 2002

On Thu, 09 May 2002, Arpi wrote:
> > What harm could a newbie list cause?
>
> hmm. let's see.
> new user comes, sees there is newbie list, subscribes, post his silly
> question, sits down, waits, waits, waits, leave.
> why? hmm. let's see. who will answer his question? you? the developers?
> other advanced users? nobody. never.
> so it has no sense, but will redirect new users to alias of /dev/null
> with their questions - anyway it's basically good ;)
> (assuming they will meet at that deep /dev/null and together find out what
> does RTFM mean :))

I disagree, however, the perogative is yours. I have seen successful
lists of this type (xine-user seems to manage, my favorite distro's
list, libranet, seem to do just fine, and when I started out a few years
ago, linuxnewbie.org seemed to be pretty successful).

ok, I think I have said all that I can say on this.

jason