[MPlayer-users] rtfm...humm

Farrell Farahbod upgrdman at mindspring.com
Fri May 10 07:08:01 CEST 2002

ok i have seen rtfm a lot of times in here, and i have just subscribed
here.

although i do agree, and i know that a lot of you dont have the time to
explain everything to newbies like me, please do realize that people
like me have troubble understanding some of the docs...especially the
newbies who are spoiled by rpms, and have things working decently after
a nice rpm -Uvh ... and yes, i do know why you can't/wouldn't want to if
you could, provide rpms.

maybe once i actually do understand mplayer more, i might be able to
offer you guys a newbie-er-ized version of the docs, and sumbit it for
your consideration...but until then, im still learning.

unlike many new linux users i have met, i do read the docs...actually i
love docs and big tech. books...i asked for the red hat 7.2 bible for my
birthday for petes sake! however, i have also met tons of new linux
users who though all you had to do was the usual ./configure, make, make
install to compile/install a source package...forgeting to read docs,
and install the win32 codecs, fonts, etc.

i must say im not perfect...i think my fonts for mplayer may be messed
up...but at least mplayer works, and i am often re reading the docs, and
little by little realizeing more and more.

i just though i'd let you all know that not all newbies dont know what
docs are...and for those that dont, i apologize on their be-half.

thanks for your time,

farrell f.