[MPlayer-users] MPlayer0.90pre3: sound

daniel heiserer Daniel.Heiserer at bmw.de
Fri May 10 23:27:02 CEST 2002

Hi,
I just got version 0.90pre3.

Great stuff. Compiles and installs fine. No problems
with playing any video I have. :-)
I use SuSe linux 7.3.

But I have two problems with it:
I try to record a TV stream into a high compressed
divx .avi.
e.g.
/opt/MPlayer/bin/mencoder -tv
on:driver=v4l:width=768:height=576:freq=662.3125:outfmt=i420 -vc rawi420
--ovc divx4 -oac mp3lame -o PRO7.avi

1) If I use Mplayer or Mencoder and I quit them using
ctrl-c or close the window of mplayer, the
application dies but my soundcard is still playing
the sound all the time. When I kill/close kwintv it
cleans also the audio device

2) I cannot record audio using the TV-stream.
Only video is recorded. the audio is bypassed to the
soundcard. (I cannot record TV and listen to mp3 simulatanously).

3) the "-o" option to save the file into PRO7.avi is not recognized
the file is written to test.avi not to PRO7.avi.

-- daniel