[MPlayer-users] Bug report on MPlayer 0.90pre3 issues with FreeBSD.

Dan Naumov jago at telefragged.com
Mon May 13 16:31:01 CEST 2002

> > and first try CVS version, most of the bugs you mention are already fixed

Oh well, I went ahead and tried the CVS version and got it to work this time (doh, should've used gmake that last time). Some of the bugs seem to be fixed, the video now resizes properly when switching between the Normal size and Fullscreen and using -vo x11 doen't cause a crash when going from Fullscreen back to normal anymore.

However, I still see a few problems. It was my understanding (correct me if I'm wrong) that MPlayer can now handle DiVX5 movies without using anything "external" (I do have the win32codecs installed however).
Trying to play the movie found at: http://download.divx.com/showcase/Farscape2.divx (7.3 MB) crashes MPlayer with the following error:

AO: [oss] 44100Hz Stereo Signed 16-bit (Little-Endian)
AO: Description: OSS/ioctl audio output
AO: Author: A'rpi
ao2: 44100 Hz  2 chans  Signed 16-bit (Little-Endian)
audio_setup: using '/dev/dsp' dsp device
audio_setup: sample format: Signed 16-bit (Little-Endian) (requested: Signed 16-bit (Little-E  ndian))
audio_setup: using 2 channels (requested: 2)
audio_setup: using 44100 Hz samplerate (requested: 44100)
audio_setup: frags:  32/32  (4096 bytes/frag)  free: 131072
Video: no video!!!
Freeing 0 unused video chunks
Start playing...
A:   0.0  0.0% 0%

MPlayer interrupted by signal 11 in module: key_events
- MPlayer crashed by bad usage of CPU/FPU/RAM. Recompile MPlayer with --enable-debug and make a 'gdb' backtrace and disassembly. For details, see DOCS/bugreports.html section 5.b.

Renaming the file to .AVI obviously didn't help. I was also still able to reproduce the "hanging pause bug", although now it appears to happen at random. If you start the playback and then pause using the spacebar,
pressing the spacebar (or the pause button in the GUI) again will not unpause the movie, but will rather jump about 0.5 second forward and stop again. The only way to un-pause the video is to use whatever you use as a substitute for "Play".

I don't feel like I am experienced enough to use debuggers and the like, but I am doing what I can and since I was asked to try reproducing the bugs I mentioned with the latest CVS version, I did.

Sincerely,
Dan Naumov