[MPlayer-users] Problems with specific MMS-protocol URLs

Glyn glyn.kennington at hertford.oxford.ac.uk
Mon May 13 19:25:02 CEST 2002

Chris wrote:
> > Trust me, it's there!  But mplayer doesn't find it somehow.
> either way mplayer will try to connect to port 80 (http), maybe
> windoze uses a different port or something? i wouldn't know
> personally...

You're right.  Some intense googling brings up
http://www.isaserver.org/authors/magalhaes/tutorials/streaming_media_available_internal_clients.htm
, which suggests port 1755.  Possibly WinMediaPlayer tries 1755, 80,
then maybe some other undocumented ones...

When I tried media.maplemusic.com:1755 , the connection just froze (as
opposed to giving 404 or connection refused, which is what any other
port number gives.), so I think there may be something there, but the
server could be overloaded, or broken.  YMMV.

Glyn

glyn.kennington at hertford.oxford.ac.uk

Computers are geek toys.  If you want to play with them, learn the geek rules.