[MPlayer-users] Problems with specific MMS-protocol URLs

Chris eswks at warwick.ac.uk
Mon May 13 17:50:02 CEST 2002

> > > MMS://media.maplemusic.com/umbrella/multimedia/thedears-noreturn-high.wmv
> > > Connecting to server media.maplemusic.com:80 ...
> > > Server return 404:Object Not Found
>
> > That's the problem - error 404.  The file is no longer on the site.
>
> No, it's still there!  That's the whole premise of my question.  A quick
> reboot into Windows and firing up Media Player confirms that the file IS
> still there.  It can be referenced by both the .asx playlist and the
> actual .wmv file.
>
> Trust me, it's there!  But mplayer doesn't find it somehow.

That's the problem - error 404.  The file is no longer on the site.

take that url, stick it in a browser... no file. take it back to
../umbrella/ and you even get a page with that band (or whatever they are)
listed with DEAD LINKS THAT DO NOT WORK. either way mplayer will try to
connect to port 80 (http), maybe windoze uses a different port or
something? i wouldn't know personally...

Chris
xxxx