[MPlayer-users] Problems with specific MMS-protocol URLs

J. Gareth Williams gareth.williams at telperiondigital.com
Mon May 13 17:35:01 CEST 2002

Thanks for the reply, Glyn, but that's not the problem, despite what the
error messages say:

> > But invoking mplayer with either the playlist or the mms URL, mplayer
> > complains:
> >
> > *********************************************************************************
> > $ mplayer
> > MMS://media.maplemusic.com/umbrella/multimedia/thedears-noreturn-high.wmv
[snip]
> > Playing
> > MMS://media.maplemusic.com/umbrella/multimedia/thedears-noreturn-high.wmv
> > Connecting to server media.maplemusic.com:80 ...
> > Server return 404:Object Not Found

> That's the problem - error 404.  The file is no longer on the site.

No, it's still there!  That's the whole premise of my question.  A quick
reboot into Windows and firing up Media Player confirms that the file IS
still there.  It can be referenced by both the .asx playlist and the
actual .wmv file.

Trust me, it's there!  But mplayer doesn't find it somehow.

Any other insights, anyone?

garethw