[MPlayer-users] subtitles posicion

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Tue May 14 11:06:01 CEST 2002

Hi,

> > at vf level we don't know the vo's parameters (screen aspect, screen
> > width/height) so can't calculate the ideal height of black bands
>
> What do you think about adding a new control call that gets the screen
hmm. not a bad idea :)
and really easy and clean to implement.

> size? The vo driver would probably need to notify the filters about
> screen size changes somehow too...
this one is a bit harder. maybe, after vo->check_events call in mplayer.c,
we could check for changes and tell it to the vf filters.
anyway asking the vo w/h for every frame is simpler, and won't eat so much
cpu to worth to optimize.

> Btw You have said that filters shouldn't do anything (be transparent)
> if they don't get any parameters a few times now. I agree with you
> that this is desirable for filters that might be automatically
> inserted. But is there any reason for other filters such as a
> hypothetical '-vop add_black_bands_with_subtitles' to be transparent?
of course no
it's required only for auto-inserted ones, currently: scale, expand, pp

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team