[MPlayer-users] about the mms:// support/problems Fwd: Re: Re: [MPlayer-dev-eng] [BUG] in mms support

Georgi Georgiev chutz at chubaka.homeip.net
Wed May 15 06:43:01 CEST 2002

On Wed, May 15, 2002 at 06:02:14AM +0200, Felix Buenemann wrote:
> > Hm, I am DNAT-ing ports 7070 and 7071 UDP from my router to my workstation.
> > RealPlayer seemed to be using them... no problems. Maybe the mms protocol
> > is a bit different, just like the problems I had with ohphone (from
> > openh323.org) because the IP address was exchanged during the communication
> > and no NAT-ing could do the trick. Cannot test though - Linux only.
> using DNAT helps, BUT only for a single computer, so not multiple systems
> behind a NAT/Masq-Router can use it, unless there are special masquerading
> modules, which are rarely available especially for iptables.

Took me a while to figure out what you mean, but I guess it is that with the mms protocol we don't have a choice of a UDP port?  Unfortunately I do not understand things as well as I wish, and it is not clear to me why a UDP port cannot be negotiated rather than having it fixed (having in mind that I am a *CLIENT*). Or maybe I am talking nonsense...

--
Chutz <chutz at chubaka.homeip.net>