[MPlayer-users] gui pause problem persists and new fullscreen annoyance

Ross Lippert ripper at eskimo.com
Thu May 16 14:03:02 CEST 2002

I just cvs-updated, and the problem with pause that Dan originally
reported, when the gui runs, remains.  I've done some more
experimenting and found that in addition to <space> not unpausing but
just jumping some frame ahead, if I jump ahead enough and then hit some
other key to resume like <ret> the video is no longer synced to the
audio for a good while.

The new fullscreen annoyance is that when running normal sized and I
do 'F' it fullscreens, and I do 'F' again and it goes back to normal,
but the black borders on the sides have been replaced with whatever
was in the video buffer at those locations in fs mode, frozen in
place.  This isn't critical, but it is a change since pre3.

Under the gui these fs annoyances get worse.  The aforementioned one
is still there, but also there is that hitting 'F' doesn't toggle
fullscreen.  There is a flash instant of fullscreen and then a return
to normal size.  I can get fs to happen by going to the right-click
menu.  Amusingly enough, right-clicking on the already fullscreened
playback and selecting fullscreen again returns me to normal size.

My system information is the same since I last reported the problem.
It's attached anyway.  If you want a -v log, I'll make that too, but
they are quite long and I don't want to flood your email unless it is
deemed necessary.

-r
FreeBSD 4.5
bash-2.05a$ uname -a
FreeBSD laverne.home 4.5-RELEASE FreeBSD 4.5-RELEASE #0: Mon Feb 18 14:45:50 EST 2002     root at laverne.home:/usr/src/sys/compile/ROSSBSD  i386
bash-2.05a$ ls -l /usr/lib/libc[.-]*
-r--r--r--  1 root  wheel  1208074 Jan 28 08:11 /usr/lib/libc.a
lrwxrwxrwx  1 root  wheel        9 Feb 18 08:23 /usr/lib/libc.so -> libc.so.4
-r--r--r--  1 root  wheel   573760 Jan 28 08:11 /usr/lib/libc.so.4
bash-2.05a$ X -version
XFree86 Version 4.1.0 / X Window System
Release Date: 2 June 2001
Build Operating System: FreeBSD 4.4-STABLE i386 [ELF]
Module Loader present
bash-2.05a$ gcc -v
Using builtin specs.
gcc version 2.95.3 20010315 (release) [FreeBSD]
bash-2.05a$ ld -v
GNU ld version 2.11.2 20010719 [FreeBSD] (with BFD 2.11.2 20010719 [FreeBSD])
bash-2.05a$ as --version
GNU assembler 2.11.2 20010719 [FreeBSD]

wm = sawfish

gtk-1.2.10_3