[MPlayer-users] Aspect ratio issue

Ervin Németh airwin at inf.bme.hu
Fri May 17 11:16:02 CEST 2002

Problem:
Mplayer is assuming that the screen has square pixels, however some
resoultions have non-sqaure pixels.  I'm using 1280x1024 and a 4:3 video has
black stripes on both sides when viewed fullscreen.

Solution:

The right thing were to calculate movie aspect-ratio respecting screen
aspect-ratio.  See WidthMMOfScreen(3x) and HeightMMOfScreen(3x)

Notes:
I don't know whether these macros are available on older X11 implementations
so a configure-time check might be neccessary.

-Ervin
--
Gutta cavat lapidem non vi sed saepe cadendo.