[MPlayer-users] mencoder often COMPLETLY locks up my machine

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Fri May 17 22:47:02 CEST 2002

Hi,

> 1) last bugreport I sent still awaits moderator approval
it was probably too big - reread bugreports, it says gzip it if it's too
large or better: upload to ftp and send the link only with problem descr.

> 2) once locked, I have NO way of recovering the machine, except booting
it is not mplayer/mencoder bug. it is hardware problem, we cannot help you.
(sorry, i have no spare p4 to send to you :))

mplayer/mencoder can NOT hang your system. your drivers can. your cpu can
overhelm. your chipset can be buggy etc. but they are not our fault.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team