[MPlayer-users] Using streamer and mencoder with a pipe ?

Renaud Pons renod at free.fr
Sat May 18 18:15:02 CEST 2002

Hello everybody

I begin to play with tv and movie on my linux box and I would like to
record tv. Since the 'mencoder' video4linux driver cannot deal with
sound, I tried to use 'streamer' (from http://bytesex.org/xawtv/).

So 'streamer' records video and audio from v4l to jpeg movie. Then
'mencoder' encodes the movie to divx. It works quite well and now I
would like to use 'streamer' and 'mencoder' via "normal" or named
pipes (to avoid using big disk space). I don't know if it's impossible
or if I did not find the right syntax yet but I can't do it! Did
someone has a example of working command line?

Thanks in advance.
--
Renaud