[MPlayer-users] how to trace the memory leak?

Michal Seliga michal.seliga at visicom.sk
Sat May 18 18:28:01 CEST 2002

I think that my version of mplayer (0.90pre4) eats too much memory.

I played CD with 18 movies (nu pogodi) with mplayer -fs *.avi and I used -> and <-
keys very much because I have seen most of them so I rewinded to the 'interesting'
parts only.

After 12-13th movie my computer starteded to swap as hell, few dock application in
my window maker were killed but mplayer kept running. maybe for minute... and then
died with single message 'killed'. After then computer worked normally, so it had to
be mplayer who started this. I have 256MB RAM + 16MB swap (I found free space
on the disk...)

I know it will not help you very much so I ask what should I do to report this problem
so you could repair it? ;-)

basic info is attached, movies were DIVX + mp3 soundtrack, used avcodec as codec
, used SDL for output.

commandline: mplayer -fs *.avi

in configfile I have vop=pp=100 , autoq=100, vo=sdl

Any ideas?

distribution:			Mandrake 8.2
kernel version:			2.4.18-6mdk
libc version:			2.2.4
X version:			4.2.0
gcc version:			3.0.4 (3.0.4-2mdk)
ld version:			2.11.92.0.12 20011121
binutils version:		2.11.92.0.12 20011121
used windowmanager:		WindowMaker 0.80.0

processor	: 0
vendor_id	: AuthenticAMD
cpu family	: 6
model		: 3
model name	: AMD Duron(tm) processor
stepping	: 1
cpu MHz		: 700.028
cache size	: 64 KB
fdiv_bug	: no
hlt_bug		: no
f00f_bug	: no
coma_bug	: no
fpu		: yes
fpu_exception	: yes
cpuid level	: 1
wp		: yes
flags		: fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov
pat pse36 mmx fxsr syscall mmxext 3dnowext 3dnow
bogomips	: 1395.91

Videocard:			ATI Radeon 7500 64MB DDR
Video driver:			X built-in
Sound card:			SBLive! 5+1 with AC3 decoder, OSS