[MPlayer-users] how to trace the memory leak?

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Sat May 18 18:34:02 CEST 2002

Hi,

> I think that my version of mplayer (0.90pre4) eats too much memory.
>
> I played CD with 18 movies (nu pogodi) with mplayer -fs *.avi and I used ->
> and <-
> keys very much because I have seen most of them so I rewinded to the 'intere
> sting'
> parts only.

yes, it's a known problem.
at least, only a few codec and vo has correct uninit/free implemenetd,
others are init-only. it comes form old times, when mplayer was able to play
only one file, and no one cares about uninitialization.

> basic info is attached, movies were DIVX + mp3 soundtrack, used avcodec as c
> odec , used SDL for output.
afaik avcodec uninit is ok, mp3libs too.
maybe SDL vo has no uninit implemented well, try with -vo x11 and tell me if
it still eats the same amount of memory.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team