[MPlayer-users] A/V Sync problems with MEncoder

Timo Teifel tml at teifel.net
Mon May 20 10:43:24 CEST 2002

Hi.
I've got a DVD which mplayer can't play correctly - I always need a A/V Sync
correction of -200ms. (Xine plays it correctly though).

But that's not the real problem... I want to encode this DVD with mencoder,
and after I've done this, the A/V Sync is always wrong, even with Xine. I
don't want to correct it every time I watch the movie, and I can't find a
command line option to correct A/V Sync!

Could you perhaps include a command line option for correcting A/V Sync for
mencoder?

I'm using libavcodec with msmpeg4 and I copy the AC-3 stream to it (5.1ch).
There seems to be another problem with that: No Windows player can play it
without the sound stuttering... Even if it plays other movies with 5.1channel
AC-3, not the one made with my mencoder.

By the way: mencoder prints very often "duplicate 1 frame(s)!!!", does this
mean anything?

I use mplayer 0.90 pre4, the latest CVS version doesn't play any avi files -
the image is always black and I don't know why :(
gcc-3.0.4, kernel 2.4.18

Kind regards
Timo