[MPlayer-users] A/V Sync problems with MEncoder

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Mon May 20 15:11:01 CEST 2002

Hi,

> I've got a DVD which mplayer can't play correctly - I always need a A/V Sync
> correction of -200ms. (Xine plays it correctly though).

upload sample VOB please
choose a good part, where a-v desync is easily visible (ppl talking, etc)

> But that's not the real problem... I want to encode this DVD with mencoder,
> and after I've done this, the A/V Sync is always wrong, even with Xine. I
> don't want to correct it every time I watch the movie, and I can't find a
> command line option to correct A/V Sync!

yes, it is not yet implemented ;(

> Could you perhaps include a command line option for correcting A/V Sync for
> mencoder?
it's on the TODO
after the 0.90 release, i'll partially rewrite the demuxer layer, to be able
to handle more than 1-1 a/v streams, and to handle forced a-v delay better.
currently option -delay (and also files with a-v delay set in header) work
very bad.

> I'm using libavcodec with msmpeg4 and I copy the AC-3 stream to it (5.1ch).
> There seems to be another problem with that: No Windows player can play it
> without the sound stuttering... Even if it plays other movies with 5.1channe
> AC-3, not the one made with my mencoder.
search the ml archive, there was such report and also solution (patch).

> By the way: mencoder prints very often "duplicate 1 frame(s)!!!", does this
> mean anything?
yes, you forgot to rtfm, about -ofps and telecined video

> I use mplayer 0.90 pre4, the latest CVS version doesn't play any avi files -
> the image is always black and I don't know why :(
neither me - without proper bugreport

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team