[MPlayer-users] [draft] mplayer quickstart guide

Brondo, Greg Greg.Brondo at allegiancetelecom.com
Mon May 20 18:49:01 CEST 2002

Just want to say that the .90 version rocks!  I'm using on the same laptop
(Toshiba Celeron 400 with Trident Cyberblade chip, Debian SID/ XFree 4.1.0).
Anyway, Xfree 4.1.0 was giving me playback problems when using Xvideo (which
I needed for speed previously).  I now run the latest Mplayer .90 with x11
(which is slower than Xv) but I get full speed playback!  Even with Divx
files (BTW -- go to Divx.com and download "The Hunt", very nice).

I don't know what you guys changed but things are running great now!

Keep up the good work!
Greg B.