[MPlayer-users] VDR timing problem

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Mon May 20 19:43:01 CEST 2002

Hi,

> I'm using the MPlayer-0.90 pre4 (and also previous pre versions) and I
> have big problem with timing with VDR based MPEG streams. The timer
> didn't start at 00:00:00, but it is randomly e.g. 02:31:12, 12:35:05

mplayer display the timer from the input stream.
for broadcast streams, the timer is started when they started the encoder,
or maybe is syncronized to real clock.

if you cut out a small part of an mpeg, the timer will be the same as before
the cutting - as the time stamps are stored inside the stream.

> etc, so isn't possible to use subtitles. OK, it's possible to use
> subtitle delay, but it isn't very comfortable to use "-subdelay 45200"
> to shift the timer about 12 hours back ;-)

the same problem exists for .asf and probably all other streaming formats
with embedded timestamps

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team