[MPlayer-users] pentium200mmx,32megs,voodoo rush

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Mon May 20 23:04:01 CEST 2002

Hi,

> > or, unless you're a braindamaged hardcore hacker, drop it and buy a cheap
> > ati mach64 card. they are supported by vidix.
>
> would vidix do the job with pentium 200mmx?

yes, why not.
anyway with 200mmx you will have framedrops with high res / high bitrate
movies.. maybe try to overclock teh cpu, we used 166mmx at 250mhz :)

note, that with celeron 300 and no hardware accel (pci et6000 with -vo vesa)
i was able to play most file, even the 720x576 sw ep1 trailer without any
or very small (<10%) framedrop. i had 20-50% cpu usage for decoding a+v,
other 50% gone to the -vo driver.

a good supported card with hw accel will speed up things a lot, by doing
yuv->rgb in hardware, so freeing some cpu and do 12bpp instead of 24bpp bus
transfers (2 times faster)

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team