[MPlayer-users] mencoder often COMPLETLY locks up my machine

Diego Zuccato diego at otello.alma.unibo.it
Tue May 21 13:45:02 CEST 2002

Thomas Buchmüller wrote:

> I've got a similar problem when using mplayer (not mencoder).
> That's no bugreport at the moment,
> I just wanted to know what it means if I can telnet to my machine,
> because that is possible in my case. In fact the system is running
> but just not accepting keyboard/mouse input and the screen is locked.
> Even if I kill mplayer the screen stays like it is.
Seems something related to some of the drivers you're using. NVidia card
?
Since you can telnet your machine, the kernel (and a lot of the user
space programs with it) is up&running.
Try killing the session where you run mplayer (maybe the entire X
server) from the telnet session.

A proper bugreport might prevent Andy's pressure from going too high :-)

BYtE
 Diego.