[MPlayer-users] Re: Sorenson and MOVS

SMuelas smuelas at mecanica.upm.es
Wed May 22 13:11:02 CEST 2002

> No Sorenson encoded .mov can be converted with RadTools.... If you think I am
> wrong please tell me how did you made it run. Because it doesn't work for me :-(

No one .mov that I have tried has created any problem with converting
trough RadTools. I have been able to convert ALL of them, and, believe
me, I have tried a lot... :-)
The only problem that I've found is related with sound, not image. Last
.movs present some difficulty or impossibility to decode the sound, but
this is a minor problem as the small utility "mov2avi" is able to
recover sound wonderfully.
Anyway, as I am not an expert on .movs, if the reason of my success is
that there are very few .movs using Sorenson, much better. It means that
stupidly (or avariciously) closed software is not the key to search for.
;-)
--
Santiago Muelas (Depto. de Mecánica)
http://w3.mecanica.upm.es/~smuelas
ETSI de Caminos, Canales y Puertos (U.P.M)    smuelas at mecanica.upm.es
Dr.Aranguren s/n - Ciudad Universitaria       Tf. 91 336 6659
MADRID 28040