[MPlayer-users] sound stop playing in the middle of movie

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Fri May 24 00:19:02 CEST 2002

Hi,

> Please dont tells me this! I have never had windows on my computer installed
> !
> I use linux almost 9 years! I didnt read doc coz sound played well so I didn
> think it would be eliminated by the switch.

who cares

> Everybody makes faults, but this switch would by implemented to be autotryed
> by MPlayer if this happens.

it _IS_ autodetected. for correct files.
but your file _IS_ badly encoded, whatever you say. i've seen many hunderds
of bed and good files, wrote encoder, believe me, i know what is badly encoded.

this kind fo bad file starts as interleaved, and after a while it turns to
noninterleaved. it confuses buffering code of demuxer.
it is not possible to wrokaround, unless
-you read teh whole file and check if correct interleaving exists till teh
end of file
-you enable -ni by default, as other players do.

as <1% of files needs -ni, and as -ni cause big performance loss on linear
media (like network or cdrom) it is not enabled by default.
it is written in the faq, and docs, so if you ever RTFM you should know
also there is mail list archive where this question were answered at least
150 times.

but you're so lame that you just ask it again and keep explaining we are dumb
braindamaged lamers and it is our bug because the shitty windows media
player can play that shit. nice. thanks for the support...

and you still didn't answer my question - how to fix the bug when you don't
provide a single line information about the file (except its name - very
usefull) your system etc.  we should read in your mind or even better: your
hdd and fix it wihtout seeing what is happening there???
you didn't even provide a verbose mplayer log...

NO! NO! please do not send it now. it is not needed. just rtfm. it ALWAYS help.
and tell this to your country's users... if they really know you so well.

sorry for being ideg, but i don't like when someone keeps saying i am dumb
just because m$ has a bug and others workaround it in the wrong way...

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team