[MPlayer-users] [updated draft] MPlayer quickstart guide

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Mon May 27 01:01:02 CEST 2002

Hi,

> I have taken your feedback and updated my draft for the new MPlayer
> README file.  Please read it and let me know if it is clear and if it
> is missing something.
>
> This revised version has a few more details and three new sections
> that explain how to get the Win32 codecs and libavcodec in case this
> should be necessary as well as first steps.

libavcodec and win32 codecs must be in their place _BEFORE_ you type
./configure !!!

if you recomemnd gui stfuf, then configure must be told to use gui, so
--enable-gui there

anywya, could you please tell em why dont you just copy and html->txt the
quickinstall section of the html docs (so this can be removed from teh html)
instead of re-inventing that?

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team