[MPlayer-users] Picture stays on screen after switching to to another virtual desktop

Robert Kasunic robert at kasunic.de
Tue May 28 00:12:01 CEST 2002

Hello,

I'm using mplayer and am very satisfied with its performance, but I do
have a small and very annoying problem.

When viewing a movie on my monitor I sometimes switch to another
virtual desktop (workspace) to do some work. The problem is that the
picture of the movie stays on top of the screen on the other
workspace. It's actually not possible to do anything while the movie
is playing. I tried it with another windowmanager to no avail.

I suspect that the problem has something to do with the graphics card
and the driver respectively. I am using an ATI Radeon VE Graphics
Card.

Has anybody observed the same behaviour? If anybody uses the same
combination of windowmanager (window maker) and graphics card and
doesn't have this problem: could you please send me your XFree
configuration file via PM.

Cheers
Robert