[MPlayer-users] Mencoder won't work with Lame.

Austin Gonyou austin at digitalroadkill.net
Fri May 31 17:22:01 CEST 2002

On Fri, 2002-05-31 at 03:00, pl wrote:
> On Thu, May 30, 2002 at 11:11:13PM -0500, Austin Gonyou wrote:
>
> > I've tried and tried..but mencoder will not encode with LAME. The
> > resulting binaries don't support it. I've read the docs over and over,
> > but still nothing. Can someone please take a min and tell me what I'm
> > doing wrong.
>
> The bugreport ?

NO. This is not a bugreport *yet* which is why I'm asking the list about
this.

I've built MPlayer countless times since it was created. I've read all
the docs concerning LAME and whatever else. Maybe not always right away,
but I eventually get them read, but the docs *do* have holes.

As far as I can tell, this is one.

> [More seriously give more info and follow DOCS/bugreport.html (config*
> stuff etc) unless you do not want help.]

Mplayer *doesn't* build with LAME support, even though I've got LAME
installed. That *is* the problem. Just saying RTFM all the time, without
even lending a hand is not intelligent. I'm trying to find out if *I'm*
doing something wrong, or if there's something missing somewhere.

I'm using MPlayer 90Pre4, gcc 3.1. Everything works, except LAME support
with mencoder.