[MPlayer-users] What is "XineramaIsActive"?

Alexander Gottwald alexander.gottwald at s1999.tu-chemnitz.de
Wed Nov 6 14:19:02 CET 2002

On Wed, 6 Nov 2002, Dominik Mierzejewski wrote:

> On Wednesday, 06 November 2002, Sylvain Petreolle wrote:
> > even if it works, it isn't a right fix.
> > some users reported the problem is the same even when recompiling from
> > CVS.
> > something is wrong somewhere else.
>
> I agree, but I can't reproduce it. I tried turning on Xinerama on my box
> and gmplayer still doesn't complain. Does anyone have any idea how to find
> what's wrong?

The Xinerama symbols should never be loaded from a shared library. If they do,
there must be a shared library on the system which exports the XineramaIsActive
symbol.

The easiest way to find such a lib is
grep XineramaIsActive /usr/X11R6/lib/*.so /usr/lib/*.so

This should not report any library. If the symobols is found in a shared
library, check, if it's defined or undefined

nm --demangle libname.so | grep XineramaIsActive

This will report something like
000005a0 T XineramaIsActive

If there is the T, then the symbols is defined in the library. If there is an
U, then the symbol is undefined. Both is wrong. Just report the library name
and that line from nm.

You will most likely have such a shared library on your system. (I bet its SDL)

bye
	ago
 Alexander.Gottwald at informatik.tu-chemnitz.de
 http://www.gotti.org           ICQ: 126018723