[MPlayer-users] Ripped DVD got wrong aspect ratio?

Dominik Szczerba domi at vision.ee.ethz.ch
Fri Nov 8 10:19:02 CET 2002

Hi,
A lot of problems that I ever had while mencoding was with vobfiles that
were ripped with separate software... especially NTSC vobs... Most of
problems disapeared when using only mplayer/mencoder.

I disagree it's a good idea (especially on Unixes, and not only with
encoding) to mix software. I dont believe too much in standards or
compatibility ;) The less I must use the better.

ciao

DS