[MPlayer-users] Ripped DVD got wrong aspect ratio?

Dominik Szczerba domi at vision.ee.ethz.ch
Fri Nov 8 15:52:02 CET 2002

>2) If your movie is 4:3 choose SCALE=640:480, if it is 1.77:1 choose
>SCALE=640:352 and SCALE=640:272 if it is 2.35:1
>There is other possibles values ... Look for a message from dominik ... ?
>(my apologizes dominik, your last name is to complicate for an argentine
>and I not at home now)

;)

>Beside the values found by cropdetect, I don't know if is better to take
> the first values (704 and 430) multiple of 16 (or at least of 8)
>or not... Any opinion?

well at best there is a confusion and different oppinions. to be on the
safe side I decided to use multiple of 16, you just use once calculated
resolutions for corresponding aspects, that's all. and also I heard
oppinions that it doesnt pay to go higher than 640, so... just to be
safe - especially that you dont gain much with 704...

ciao
dominik _the_strange_name