[MPlayer-users] Ripped DVD got wrong aspect ratio?

martin pavon martin_199ar at yahoo.com.ar
Fri Nov 8 19:02:02 CET 2002

 --- Dominik Szczerba <domi at vision.ee.ethz.ch> escribió: > [Automatic
answer: RTFM (read DOCS, FAQ), also read
> DOCS/bugreports.html]
> >

> >2) If your movie is 4:3 choose SCALE=640:480, if it is 1.77:1 choose
> >SCALE=640:352 and SCALE=640:272 if it is 2.35:1
> >There is other possibles values ... Look for a message from dominik ...
>

> >Beside the values found by cropdetect, I don't know if is better to
> take
> > the first values (704 and 430) multiple of 16 (or at least of 8)
> >or not... Any opinion?
> >
> well at best there is a confusion and different oppinions. to be on the
> safe side I decided to use multiple of 16, you just use once calculated
> resolutions for corresponding aspects, that's all. and also I heard
> oppinions that it doesnt pay to go higher than 640, so... just to be
> safe - especially that you dont gain much with 704...
>
> ciao

May be I didn't explained me well ... I know my english is horrible.
I don't want the final size 704x..., the final size after crop & scale is
640x... My doubt if in the crop step (previous to scale as was said in
this list) I must honored the 16 (or 8) multiple rule or not ...

Ahora podés usar Yahoo! Messenger desde tu celular. Aprendé cómo hacerlo en Yahoo! Móvil: http://ar.mobile.yahoo.com/sms.html