[MPlayer-users] Re: mpeg -> dxr3 hwac3 sound

Jaroslav Tulach yarda.tulach at czech.sun.com
Wed Nov 13 11:27:02 CET 2002

 > Message: 6
 > Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002 08:19:35 -0500
 > From: Steve <wilton at hal.humberc.on.ca>
 > To: mplayer-users at mplayerhq.hu
 > Subject: Re: [MPlayer-users] mpeg -> dxr3 hwac3 sound
 >
 > I don't think you want AC3 sound (AC3 is a particular type of encoding
 > for sound). Instead switch the dxr3 to digital PCM. In the latest em8300
 > distribution, there's a tool that will let you change some paramters of
 > the card: em8300setup. Set your dxr3 to digital PCM and use mplayer ...
 > -ao oss:/dev/em8300_ma-0 and you should get digital audio (but no
surround).

Thank you Steve. You are right I do not want AC3, I am fine with PCM.
I've tried it and it works. Thanks again.

-jst

PS: Now I have a problem with video ;-) if anybody has some insight,
I'll be thankful for any help:
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_id=1303713&forum_id=7173