[MPlayer-users] insane compulsive maniacal mencoder settings

Robert R. Wal rrw at hell.pl
Fri Nov 22 19:28:01 CET 2002

On 02.11.22 D Richard Felker III pressed the following keys:

> high-motion scenes) on one cd at 640x304, with 66 kbit/sec abr ogg
> audio, using the options I described above. So, IMHO it's definitely

Did you really use ABR audio? Don't. Use -q presets in oggenc (like -q0
for ~64kbps) since it produces much better quality than ABR. Also use
--resample 44100 if the source is 48kHz, since libvorbisenc is much
better optimised for 44.1 than 48.

Robert

--
Bastard Operator From 149.156.96.35