[MPlayer-users] dxr3 issues with pre10

Thomas Fricke theshining at t-online.de
Sun Nov 24 13:29:01 CET 2002

Hi....

changing from pre8 to pre10 I got some problems with my dxr3-card and
mplayer. Video and audio stays sync, but the playback is not smooth
anymore for mpeg2 files. I tried different switches (prebuf, sync) from
the docs. The only way around is to filter by -vop lavc=1:25 (also
mentioned in the guides for divx playback), but that make no sense for
me, bc the file is mpeg2, ntsc, 29.97fps and the dxr3 should play this
file without any filter options.

I start mplayer (pre8) with -vo dxr3 -ao oss:/dev/em8300_ma-0.
Prebuffering is disabled by AMD (Tbird) auto detection.

I've tried the cvs-version from 11/21 too. Same problem.
I'm using gentoo linux with gcc3.2 on an Athlon TBird.

Any hints?

bye...
	Thomas