[MPlayer-users] dxr3 issues with pre10

Tom Kistner tom at duncanthrax.net
Sun Nov 24 14:54:02 CET 2002

Thomas Fricke wrote:

> I start mplayer (pre8) with -vo dxr3 -ao oss:/dev/em8300_ma-0.
> Prebuffering is disabled by AMD (Tbird) auto detection.
> Any hints?

When playing NTSC material, you MUST set the DXR3 to NTSC timing with
the em8300setup tool. It will then be smooth :) I had the same problem
and was cursing for 30 minutes until a lightbulb went off... ;)

I am using pre 10 with -vo dxr3:sync -ao oss:/dev/em8300_ma-0 and it
works perfectly. Using -vp dxr3:prebuf:sync uses too much CPU and does
not improve things (at least for me).

/tom

--
Tom Kistner         | "I have way too much stuff. My wife is saying 'If
tom at duncanthrax.net | you bring home one more thing you're out of here!'