[MPlayer-users] tv and v4l

Jason Pepas j.pepas at mail.utexas.edu
Tue Nov 26 11:01:03 CET 2002

I just got my matrox rainbow runner setup and working again,  and now mplayer
is super-slow for watching tv.

I seem to remember doing all this about 6 months ago, and mplayer was just
fine for watching tv.  Now, its as if its using software to blit the video
data to the screen and cant do it fast enough (its displaying at about 15
frames per second, and you can "see" blocks of the video being updated).  I
seem to remember it being just fine in the past.  Am I perhaps not enableing
some feature which allows it to perform a hardare accelerated overlay or
something?

here's the command:
 mplayer -tv on:driver=v4l:input=0:width=320:height=240:norm=NTSC:outfmt=yv12

my machine is a celeron 550, 384MB ram, matrox G200 + rainbowrunner.

thanks,
jason pepas