[MPlayer-users] tv card basics (summary)

Marcin Bukat wodz at soliton.ch.pw.edu.pl
Wed Nov 27 08:21:02 CET 2002

Hi!
I've found this thread usfull since I would like to buy tv card. So
after reading this I can imagine that:
1. Vendor dosn't realy matter. All Conexant bt878 cards gives similar
quality of grabing tv. But you've mention about different tuner quality.
Which one would you prefer? Philips, Samsung?
2. Grabing 1/2 pal is what such card can *realy* do.
3. It is recommended to firs video with something not so CPU intensive
(mjpg or another one is better?) 'on the fly' and than reencode to divX.
How many disk space do I need to record ~90min movie in this way? Is
Celeron 1.1GHz sufficient? What is quality of recorded material?

Would someone be so kind and put a few samples somewhere with small
comment how this samples were obtained?

Thanks in advance
wodz