[MPlayer-users] vesa fullscreen

Lucas Smith spankylucas at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 28 02:04:33 CET 2002

Hi,

I have a S3 ProSavage/Twister graphics chipset and am trying to get vesa
video output mode to work. it does too, except that the -fs -zoom options
dont for some reason work properly. The resolution does change but only
about a 2/3 of the screen is being used. (runs at 640x325 instead of the
1024x768 it should be useing). Another odd thing is that when i quit
mplayer, my term window is blank. reset doesnt help. however running
SVGATextMode again does.

i have a feeling that the size of the viewable window as recognized by -fs
has something to do with the size of my term before i run SVGATextMode
(which happens on boot) cause they are about the same size. i tried useing
framebuffers, but it didnt help mplayer any. (i dont like framebuffers
anyway though cause the refresh rate is so slow and scrolling text like when
ur looking at big man page is a pain in the but) anyway i was wondering if
there is a way to get -fs to use 1024x768 res...

one quick hack i found was to use the -x and -y options to get the screen
size right and that does work... but its a bit of a pain everytime to find
out the dimmensions of the file. do the conversion with bc and then put in
the parameters by hand....

so it would be nice after all if the -fs actually got the size right in the
first place :)

cheers
lucas