[MPlayer-users] needing YUY2 -> YV12 output filter

DEBERT Jean-Louis jl.debert at rsd.com
Thu Nov 28 08:11:02 CET 2002

Hi,

First, HUGE congrats for managing to play quicktime movies
correctly and without even needing wine. Fantastic job !!
Now all these trailers are usable with linux too. BRAVO.

Now to my question: is there any output filter to convert
YUY2 (which is the output format from the quicktime dll,
seeing from the codecs.conf file) to YV12 ???
The idea would be to combine this with the existing lavc
filter in order to be able to output all those .mov files
on the big TV screen through the tv-out on my dxr3 card
(as well as possible other formats with YUY2-only output).

I don't think a filter involving _only_ colorspace conversion
would be too difficult (if it does not already exist, that is)
but maybe I am mistaken ...