[MPlayer-users] Encoding quality advices

Chris Phillips chris at thirtythreeandathird.net
Thu Nov 28 23:25:03 CET 2002

> If your tool makes suggestions then I'm all for it, but this 'one click
> dummy mode' is often one of the big drawbacks of Windows software (or
> big monolithic software in general).

well my take on the principle is that i provide some suitable default
settings as a collection of parameters they don't strictly *need* to mess
around with, but it is encouraged that they do so if they want. It's more
based around the fact that i really get tired typing out basically the
same command line over and over again, so went to town on making it faster
to get the thing going, once you know what you are doing, but the results
it creates out-of-the-box do lean me towards thinking ignorance is bliss
for newbies in the short term at least. I think education is more and more
of a way forward though...

thanks

chris
xxxx