[MPlayer-users] rugged play on notebook

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Thu Oct 3 00:51:02 CEST 2002

Hi,

> I bought a new notebook (Gericom Webshox Per4mance Plus)
> The whole system is based on SiS chips.
>
> When i play video files the mplayers drops frames in order to keep the
> A-V synchrinization and this makes it unusable.

it never drops frames unles syou force it with -framedrop ...

maybe your audio driver is just broken shit. if it plays smooth with
-nosound, that's the case.

you may try the -autosync 30 option (or experience wiht other numbers),
with CVS version as it's a very new opt, added to workaround buggy audio
drivers

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team